2016 W-2 Questions and Answers

At Area Temps, we field many questions from our employees regarding their W-2s each year. To assist you with your inquiries, we have compiled answers to the most common questions we receive.

Q: When will I receive my W-2?

A: W-2s will be available to view and print online, and will be mailed by January 31, 2017 to the address you have on file with us.


Q: How do I view and print my W-2 online?

A: To view and print your W-2 online, you need to log into the Ahola account (www.ahola.com) you created when you began your employment through Area Temps. Then, select the “View Your W-2” link.


Q: I don’t have an account on Ahola.com to view my W-2 online.  How do I set one up?

A: When you began your first assignment with Area Temps, you were emailed instructions that included a company access code to set up your account.  Check your personal email box and spam folder for this email.  If you do not have the email, contact your placement office.  They will be able to provide you your access code and instructions for account set up.


Q: I moved last year, how do I report my address change?

A: To ensure that you receive your mailed W-2, call your placement office as soon as possible to update your address.


Q: If I lose my W-2, who should I contact for copies?

A: Since the W-2 is also available online, you can print your own copies by logging into your Ahola account (www.ahola.com) and by selecting the “View Your W-2” link.


Q: I began working for you on December 27, 2016, but I never received a W-2 from Area Temps.  Where is my W-2?

A: For W-2 purposes, the year’s income is based upon your pay date and not the calendar days of the work performed.  Since hours worked during the week of December 27th were paid on January 6, 2017, your income for those hours will be on your 2017 W-2.


Q: I had too little (or too much) taxes withheld in 2016!  How can I change the amount for 2017?

A: The amount of federal and state taxes withheld from your check in 2016 was based on the withholding status you claimed on your original W-4 form when you registered with our service.  If you wish to change yours for 2017, visit one of our Area Temps’ offices to complete a new W-4 form and update your exemptions. The IRS or a tax consultant can advise you on the number of deductions you should declare.


Hopefully, this blog provided you with the information you were seeking. If not, please contact your placement office for further assistance or post your question in the comments section below.

Leave a Reply

  • (will not be published)